I am looking for a student interesting in pursuing an M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree, with ideally a formation in Engineering (electrical / mechanical / biomedical / systems), to work on a manual wheelchair simulator project.
This funded project will be part of the development of the pan-Quebec structuring project WheelSims on wheelchair propulsion research using simulators. We seek to unify the development of several existing simulators (see photos below), and other simulators which development is just beginning. This project comprises several elements that will be modulated according to the profile and abilities of the candidate:
- Software development
- Electromechanical development
- Systems modelling
- Musculoskeletal modelling
- Validation / Ecological validity
- Biomechanical analysis of wheelchair propulsion
- Adapted sports
This project will be under my supervision and possibly under the co-supervision of another WheelSims researcher.
The candidate must demonstrate:
- An excellent knowledge of the Matlab / Simulink environment
- A fluency in understanding, designing and debugging complex systems
- An excellent motivation
- A good academic record
- A great autonomy
- Strong writing communication abilities
Please send me your CV, your transcripts and a cover letter by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.